Master Sgt. Chris Schneider is in his second season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As the Superintendent, his responsibilities include supervising the maintenance of the team's three F-16s, individual training, manage the team’s budget and organizing all aircraft logistics, lodging, and travel arrangements throughout the world.
Master Sgt. Schneider entered active military service in January 1999 as a Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technician. He is a graduate of Jefferson Senior High School in Alexandria, Minn. He has been stationed at locations in New Mexico, Florida, Utah, South Carolina and the Republic of Korea. He has multiple combat deployments including Operations NORTHERN WATCH, IRAQI and ENDURING FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE and FREEDOM’s SENTINEL. Prior to his selection to the team, he served as the Production Superintendent for the 20th Equipment Maintenance Squadron at Shaw Air Force Base, SC.
2003 Airmen Leadership School, Cannon AFB, N.M.
2011 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
1. January 1999–March 1999, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1999–June 1999, Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technical School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. June 1999–September 1999, Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Technical School, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. September 1999–December 2004, Dedicated Crew Chief, 522nd Fighter Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
5. January 2005–January 2006, Senior Weapons System Coordinator, 51st Maintenance Group, Osan Air Base, ROK
6. January 2006–January 2010, Dedicated Crew Chief, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
7. January 2010–September 2012, Development & Instructor Section Chief, 325th Maintenance Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
8. September 2012–September 2013, Flightline Expediter, 51st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Osan AB, ROK
9. September 2013–July 2015, Flightline Expediter, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Shaw AFB, S.C.
10. July 2015–May 2017, Quality Assurance Inspector, 20th Maintenance Group, Shaw AFB, S.C.
11. May 2017–October 2017, Production Superintendent, 20th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C.
12. October 2017–Present, Superintendent, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw AFB, S.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Iraq Campaign Medal with three star clusters
Korea Defense Service Medal
DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic January 27, 1999
Airman 1st Class March 12, 1999
Senior Airman July 12, 2001
Staff Sergeant May 1, 2003
Technical Sergeant October 1, 2010
Master Sergeant November 1, 2015
(Current as of January 2019)