Tech. Sgt. Luis Lopez is in his second season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As a Dedicated Crew Chief his responsibilities include the maintenance team's three F-16s, and the launch and recovery of aircraft.
Tech. Sgt. Lopez enlisted in the Air Force in 2006 and was previously stationed at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., before his selection to the team, where he served as a Dedicated Crew Chief. He is a graduate of Capuchino High School in San Mateo, Calif. Tech. Sgt. Lopez is pursuing an Associates Degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology through the Community College of the Air Force.
2011 Airman Leadership School, Aviano Air Base, Italy
2019 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGhee Tyson Air National Guard Base, Tenn.
1. November 2006–December 2006, Student, 362nd Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. January 2007–August 2008, F-117A Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 9th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, New Mexico
3. September 2008–July 2010, F-22 Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 7th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Holloman AFB, New Mexico
4. August 2010–September 2011, F-16C Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 8th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
5. October 2011–June 2017, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, 555th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Aviano AB, Italy
6. July 2017–December 2017, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, 79th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, South Carolina
7. December 2017–Present, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw AFB, South Carolina
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman October 3, 2006
Airman 1st Class November 17, 2006
Senior Airman March 17, 2009
Staff Sergeant November 1, 2011
Technical Sergeant September 1, 2018
(Information current as of January 2019)