Tech. Sgt. Ryan Hutchison is in his first season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As the Noncommissioned Officer In Charge, his responsibilities include supervising the maintenance of the team's three F-16s, individual training, augmenting the team chief's responsibilities, assisting in managing the team budget and organizing all aircraft logistics, lodging, and travel arrangements throughout the world.
Tech. Sgt. Hutchison enlisted in the Air Force in May 2010 and was previously stationed at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., before his selection to the team, where he served as an Inspection Section Team Chief. He is a graduate of Amador High School in Sutter Creek, Calif., and attended California State University San Bernardino.
2014 Airman Leadership School, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
1. July 2010–December 2010, Student, 362nd Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. January 2011–May 2014, F-16 Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 46th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Eglin AFB, Fla.
3. May 2014–May 2015, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, 36th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Osan AB, ROK
4. June 2015–October 2018, F-16 Inspection Section Team Chief, 20th Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C. (October 2016–May 2017, F-16 Inspection Section Team Chief, 455th Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan) (October 2017–May 2018, F-16 Inspection Section Team Chief, 455th Expeditionary Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan)
5. October 2018–Present, Noncommissioned Officer In Charge, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw AFB, S.C.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
2016 CMSAF Thomas N. Barnes Crew Chief of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman May 25, 2010
Airman 1st Class July 30, 2010
Senior Airman November 30, 2012
Staff Sergeant August 1, 2014
Technical Sergeant January 1, 2019
(Current as of January 2019)