Tech. Sgt. Drew Wilson is in his first season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As an Avionics Specialist his responsibilities include launch and recovery, and maintenance of critical flight control systems of the team’s three F-16s.
Tech. Sgt. Wilson enlisted in the Air Force in 2003 and was previously stationed at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., before his selection to the team, where he served as an Avionics Specialist. He is a graduate of Rose Hill High School in Rose Hill, Kan. Tech. Sgt. Wilson has Associates Degrees in Avionics Systems Technology and Instructor of Technology & Military Science through the Community College of the Air Force. Additionally, he is pursuing a Bachelors in Environmental Science from Southern New Hampshire University.
2007 Airman Leadership School, Cannon AFB, N.M.
2012 Basic Instructor Course, Sheppard AFB, TX
2017 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Shaw AFB, S.C.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, Shaw AFB, S.C.
1. March 2003-October 2003, Student, 362nd Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. October 2003-November 2007, F-16 Avionics System Apprentice, 35th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
3. November 2007-December 2008, F-16 Avionics System Journeyman, 27th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Cannon AFB, N.M.
4. December 2008-October 2012, F-16 Avionics System Craftsman, 169th Fighter Wing, McEntire Joint National Guard Base, S.C.
5. October 2012-June 2016, F-16 Avionics Systems Instructor, 372nd Training Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
6. June 2016-December 2018, F-16 Specialist Expediter, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Shaw AFB, S.C. (October 2017-May 2018, F-16 Specialist Expediter, 455 Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Bagram Air Field, Afghanistan)
7. December 2018-Present, F-16 Avionics Systems Craftsman, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw AFB, S.C.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Maintenance Professional of the Year x2
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic January 21st, 2003
Airman 1st Class October 29th, 2003
Senior Airman November 21st, 2004
Staff Sergeant December 1st, 2007
Technical Sergeant January 1st, 2014
(Information current as of January 2019)