Staff Sgt. Austin Dixon is in his first season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As a Dedicated Crew Chief, his responsibilities include the maintenance team's three F-16s, and the launch and recovery of aircraft.
Staff Sgt. Dixon enlisted in the Air Force in 2012 and was previously stationed at Shaw Air Force Base, S.C., before his selection to the team, where he served as a Dedicated Crew Chief. He is a graduate of Vista Del Lago High School in Folsom, Calif. Staff Sgt. Dixon is pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Applied Science of Aeronautics at Embry Riddle University.
2016 Airman Leadership School, Shaw AFB, S.C.
1. March 2012-August 2012, C-130 Student, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. August 2012-April 2014 C-130 Isochronal Inspection Apprentice, 23rd Equipment Maintenance Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
3. April 2014-April 2015, C-130 Isochronal Inspection Section Journeyman, 23rd EMS, Moody AFB, Ga.
4. April 2015-Febuary 2016, Airlift and Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance, 723rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
5. February 2016-June 2018, F-16 Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 77th AMXS, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
6. June 2018-January 2019, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, 77th AMXS, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
7. January 2019-Present, F-16 Dedicated Crew Chief, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw AFB, S.C.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic January 3, 2012
Airman 1st Class March 2, 2012
Senior Airman July 2, 2014
Staff Sergeant February 1, 2017
(Current as of January 2019)