TEAM SHAW COVID UPDATE
Last Update: 7 Sept 2021
Shaw has renewed its Public Health Emergency and is operating in HPCON Bravo. We are currently in an area of HIGH transmission as defined by the CDC.
- In areas of substantial or high community transmission, DoD requires all Service members, Federal employees, onsite contractor employees, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask in an indoor setting in installations and other facilities owned, leased or otherwise controlled by DoD. This includes while working out in the gym.
- Service members, Federal employees, onsite contractor employees, and visitors who are not fully vaccinated also need to continue to physically distance consistent with applicable CDC and DoD Force Health Protection guidance.
**Note: A person is “fully vaccinated” two (2) weeks or greater after receipt of the second dosage of Pfizer or Moderna, or two (2) weeks or greater after a single dosage of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine.
(1) when an individual is alone in an office with floor-to-ceiling walls with a closed door
(2) for brief periods of time when eating and drinking while maintaining distancing in accordance with CDC guidelines and instructions from commanders and supervisors
(3) when the mask is required to be lowered briefly for identification or security purposes
(4) when necessary to reasonably accommodate an individual with a disability
STILL NEED A VACCINE?
All beneficiaries age 12 and over can walk into the immunization clinic Monday - Friday from 0800 - 1100 for the vaccine without an appointment. The 20th MDG observes all federal holidays and wing down days. The 20th MDG is also closed the first Thursday of the month for training.
Active Duty, dependents, and retirees may also receive their COVID-19 vaccine from any civilian vaccination site at no charge. Those who receive their vaccine off base should bring proof of vaccine to the 20th Medical Group immunizations clinic to have their record updated.
For more information on Tricare benefits: https://www.tricare.mil/CoveredServices/IsItCovered/Immunizations
For DOD COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate Memo, click here. For AF COVID-19 Vaccine Memo, click here.
For DOD travel guidance, visit US Department of Defense website here.
For HPCON Bravo guidance pertaining to Active Duty Wing personnel, please click here.
Commanders, for additional guidance, please click here.