Staff Sgt. Billy Harris is in his second season with the F-16 Viper Demonstration Team. As a Dedicated Crew Chief his responsibilities include the maintenance of the team's four F-16s, and the launch and recovery of aircraft.
Staff Sgt. Harris enlisted in the Air Force in 2009 and has previously been stationed at Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada, Osan Air Base, Korea, and Aviano Air Base, Italy. Before his selection to the team, he served as a Dedicated Crew Chief for the 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 77th Aircraft Maintenance Unit at Shaw AFB, S.C. He is a graduate of Maury High School in Norfolk, Va. Staff Sgt Harris is pursuing an Associate's degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology through the Community College of the Air Force.
Staff Sgt. Harris enlisted in the Air Force in 2009. His assignments include:
1. October 2009 – July 2012, Tactical Aircraft Maintainer, 57th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Viper Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Nellis Air Force, Nevada
2. August 2012 – August 2013, Tactical Aircraft Maintainer, 51st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 36th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Osan Air Base, Korea
3. September 2013 – December 2015, Tactical Aircraft Maintainer, 31st Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 555th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, Aviano Air Base, Italy
4. January 2016 – May 2016, Tactical Aircraft Maintainer, 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 77th Aircraft Maintenance Unit Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
5. May 2016 – Present, Dedicated Crew Chief, F-16 Viper Demonstration Team, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C.
2014 Airman Leadership School
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS DEVICES:
Air Force Achievement Medal 1 OLC
DATE OF PROMOTION:
A1C April 25, 2009
SrA October 24, 2011
SSgt November 1, 2014
(Information current as of October 2016)