Immediate Commander Response
ANYONE IN THE VICTIM'S CHAIN OF COMMAND WHO HAS KNOWLEDGE OF A SEXUAL ASSAULT MUST REPORT IT TO AIR FORCE OFFICE OF SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS AND THE SEXUAL ASSAULT RESPONSE COORDINATOR.
SARC: (803) 895-1928 SAPR 24/7: (803) 895-7272
Immediate CC Actions Do not ask questions, take statements or investigate. Provide “warm hand-off” to SARC.
Reporting Options RESTRICTED REPORT (military and their adult dependents, AF Civilians only) can only be offered when reported to SARC, Victim Advocate or health care provider.
• Command is not notified
Victims will receive:
• SARC/VA support
• Medical/mental health care
• Special Victims’ Counsel (SVC)
UNRESTRICTED REPORT (military and their adult dependents, civilians/contractors) can be offered when reporting to SARC, VA, health care, commander, First Sergeant, supervisor.
• Command is notified
• AFOSI investigates
• Medical/mental health care Special Victims’ Counsel (SVC)
• Option of Expedited Transfer (PCA/PCS)
Ask Your Wingman
• Ask the question directly: Are you thinking of killing yourself?
• Have the courage to ask the question, but stay calm
Care for Your Wingman
• Calmly control the situation; do not use force; be safe
• Actively listen to show understanding and produce relief
• Remove any means that could be used for self-injury
Escort Your Wingman
• Never leave your buddy alone
• Escort to chain of command, Chaplain, behavioral health professional, or primary care provider
Mental Health: (803) 895-6199
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
Air Force Employee Assistance Program: (866) 580-9078
Provides civilian employees, Guardsmen, Reservists and their families with free, confidential resources and support to help manage life challenges that may affect job performance and personal well-being.
The Airman & Family Readiness Center is the cornerstone of the Shaw AFB family support system, helping families and singles achieve readiness and enhance their quality of life. All services are free.
A&FRC – (803) 895-1252
• Air Force Aid Society/ Navy Emergency Relief/ Army Emergency Relief emergency financial assistance
• Employment Assistance
• Family Readiness
• Personal Financial Management
• Relocation Assistance
• Transition Assistance
Services for Active Duty include:
• Promote Healthy Lifestyles
• Maintain Air Force Standards
• Encourages Responsible Behavior
• Minimizes Negative Consequences to the Individual/Family/Air Force
ADAPT Does NOT treat Family Members, Retirees or Contractors. General Schedule (GS), and non-appropriated funds (NAF) employees may be seen for an initial ADAPT evaluation if they screen positive for drugs, or have on-base or on-duty substance-related misconduct or incident.
To contact ADAPT, call (803) 895-6199.
THE AREA DEFENSE COUSEL WORKS FOR YOU
The Shaw AFB Area Defense Counsel reports to the Chief of the Trial Defense Division, Washington, D.C., and cannot be influenced by your chain of command.
The ADC ensures that you are provided the best defense possible.
The ADC can advise on: Article 15s, Courts-Martial, Involuntary Discharges, LOCs, LOAs, LORs, UIFs, Control Rosters, Demotions, Suspect Advice, Referral EPRs/OPRs, FEBs and AIBs.
Shaw AFB, SC 29152
ADC iPhone: 803-464-5037
COMPLETE ATTORNEY-CLIENT CONFIDENTIALITY
The mission of the 20th Fighter Wing Chaplain Corps is to provide for the free exercise of religion to the Shaw
The chapel is here to support the religious needs of all Air Force members. If we don't provide
opportunities for your faith group, please feel free to contact us. We will connect you with
someone of your faith group or do our best to accommodate your need.
All communications with the chapel corps are 100% confidential and protected by the Uniform Code of
Chapel: (803) 895-1106 / (803) 895-4673
• For after duty hours emergencies, contact Command Post at (803) 895-5850
• Worship services and religious education
• Unit visitation and 100% confidential counseling
• Nurturing activities for the entire family
Child & Youth Programs offers programs for children of all ages.
• Family Child Care Program
• Child Development Center
• Youth Programs to include Teens and Tweens
To contact the Child & Youth Programs office, call (803) 895-2251.
EFMP – (803) 895-1253
• ID special needs family members to coordinate PCS.
• Provides assignment considerations for sponsors.
• Mandatory for family members meeting criteria.
• Coordinates medical care of special needs families.
Program Purpose: To support mission readiness by ensuring individuals are provided equal opportunity to fully use their abilities and talents towards mission accomplishment and by enhancing morale through fair and just treatment of people.
The EO Office accepts complaints of discrimination based on Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Harassment, Hazing and Bullying (military only), Physical and Mental Disability (civilians only), Age 40+ (civilians only), Reprisal (civilians only), Genetic Information (civilians only).
Civilians must file a complaint within 45 calendar days of the date s/he became aware of the discriminatory act or within 45 calendar days of the effective date of the personnel action.
Military members have no set time limit for filing an informal complaint; however, formal complaints must be filed within 60 calendar days of the discriminatory act.
Other Services Provided: Human Relations Education -- Team Building Courses – Commander’s Call Presentations -- Climate Surveys -- Out & Abouts – Conflict Resolution
Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Program: This program utilizes mediation and facilitation as a means to resolve conflict; ADR is a voluntary and confidential process.
504 Shaw Drive / Shaw AFB, SC 29152 (Building 1118, Suite 2052)
Commercial 803-895-1265/1266, DSN (312) 965-1265/1266
Air Force Discrimination & Sexual Harassment HOT LINE - Toll Free: 1-888-616-3775
The mission of the U.S. Air Force Family Advocacy Program is to build healthy families through counseling, support services and education designed to prevent and treat family abuse.
To report suspected abuse, call Family Advocacy at (803) 895-6201. After hours, call the Shaw Air Force Base Command Post at (803) 895-5850.
For emergency family violence situations, call 911.
To contact the Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate Hotline directly, call (803) 306-7558.
New Parent Support Program: (803) 895-6091
• Home visits for prenatal support and education, toddler years support and education, breastfeeding support, “ages and stages” child development information
• “Dads 101” class
• Newborn care, childbirth education and prenatal yoga classes
Health Promotion: (803) 895-1216
Healthy lifestyles through
• Body Composition Testing (In Body and Bod Pod)
• Healthy Eating
• Tobacco/Nicotine Cessation Program
• Healthy Weight Program/Nutrition consults
• Diabetes/Cholesterol/Blood Pressure Education
The Legal Weasels forge a culture of discipline for warfighters and their families by providing crisp legal solutions to meet any challenge, anytime, anywhere.
Our aim is to be the best wing-level legal office in Air Combat Command.
Legal Office’s new legal assistance hours beginning 17 Sept 2020 are as follows:
Mondays- Will Day- 1330-1530 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Thursdays- Legal Assistance Day- 1330-1530 BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
For more information please call (803) 895-1560.
Mental Health: (803) 895-6199
• Individual/Marital Counseling
• Educational Classes
• Relaxation Interventions
• Psychological Testing
• Command Consultations
• Traumatic Stress Response (TSR)
Military OneSource is a Department of Defense funded program providing comprehensive information on every aspect of military life and no cost to active-duty, guard and reserve service members and their families. Information includes but is not limited to: deployment, reunion, relationship, grief, spouse employment and education, parenting and child care, and much more.
For more information on Military OneSource, visit their website (http:// www.militaryonesource.mil) or call 1-800-342-9647.
MFLC provides short-term, situational, problem solving counseling. They are available to assist
service members, spouses, family members and eligible children.
To contact an Adult MFLC, call (803) 465-7291.
To contact a Child and Youth MFLC, call (803) 465-7286.
"The Red Cross helps members of the military, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to, the challenges of military service.
The Red Cross has served more than 1 million military families since 9/11:
Every day, the American Red Cross provides 24/7 global emergency communication services and support in military and veteran health care facilities across the country and around the world."
The School Liaison Officer can help you:
To contact the School Liaison Officer, call (803) 895-2291.
The Privatized Housing Resident Advocate is a 20 FW Commander resource assigned to help military members and their families who live in privatized housing.
The Resident Advocate assists members with:
- Advocating for a safe, healthy, and secure housing community
- Understanding Tenant Rights and Responsibilities
- Dispute Resolution for unresolved issues and concerns
- Bringing issues and concerns to wing leadership through a Quarterly Resident Council Forum
- Resolving issues and concerns in a positive and collaborative way
To contact Shaw’s Resident Advocate, call (803) 895-3274, or stop by 504 Shaw Drive, Bldg 1118, Room 2002.
Shaw Air Force Base's Airmen Against Drunk Driving is back up and running.
AADD is open to all ranks and the different branches on Shaw AFB.
If you are interesed in volunteering for AADD or need a ride please contact 803-983-9723.
Air Force Aid: (803) 895-1253
Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention & Treatment (ADAPT): (803) 895-6199
American Red Cross: (877) 272-7337
Area Defense Counsel (ADC): (803) 895-1775
Chaplain Corps: (803) 895-4673
Command Post: (803) 895-5850
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate: (803) 895-6279
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate 24/7 Line: (803) 306-7558
Equal Opportunity: (803) 895-1265
Family Advocacy: (803) 895-6201
Health Promotions: (803)895-1216
Healthcare to Health (H2H): (803) 895-6846
Inspector General: (803) 895-2031
Legal Office: (803) 895-1560
Mental Health: (803) 895-6199
Military OneSource: (800) 342-9647
Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR): (803) 895-1928
SAPR 24/7 Hotline: (803) 895-7272
Security Forces Squadron (Desk Sgt): (803) 895-3669
Security Forces, Fire, Ambulance (EMERGENCY): 911
Wounded Warrior Program (AFW2): (803) 895-6371