Lt. Gen. Gregory M. Guillot is Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Southwest Asia. As the Air Component Commander for U.S. Central Command, the general is responsible for developing contingency plans and conducting air operations in a 20-nation area of responsibility covering Central and Southwest Asia.
Lt. Gen. Guillot received his commission in 1989 from the U.S. Air Force Academy. He has commanded a flying squadron, operations group and two flying wings. He has served on numbered Air Force, major command, air and combatant command staffs, was an Air Force Weapons School instructor, and is a graduate of the National War College. Prior to his current assignment, Lt. Gen. Guillot was the Director of Operations for Headquarters, U.S. Northern Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
The general is a senior air battle manager with more than 1,380 flying hours.
1989 Bachelor of Science, General Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994 U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Distinguished Graduate, Nellis Air Force Base, Nev.
1995 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Master of Aeronautical Science, Honor Graduate, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Fla.
2004 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2008 Master of Strategic Studies, National War College, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2008 National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015 Joint Flag Officer Warfighting Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Combined Force Air Component Commander Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2017 Combined Force Maritime Component Commander Course, Naval Support Activity Bahrain, Manama
1. July 1989–July 1990, Student, 82nd Training Wing, Williams Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. July 1990–October 1990, Student, Undergraduate Controller Course, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. October 1990–June 1995, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 607th Air Control Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
4. June 1995–June 1998, Weapons School Instructor, U.S. Air Force Weapons School, Nellis AFB, Nev.
5. July 1998–January 2000, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 963rd Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. January 2000–August 2000, Deputy Chief, Wing Weapons and Tactics, 552nd Operational Support Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. August 2000–July 2001, Chief, Weapons and Tactics, 607th Air Support Operations Group/Seventh Air Force, Osan Air Base, South Korea
8. July 2001–July 2003, Airborne Warning and Control System Program Manager, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Langley AFB, Va.
9. July 2003–August 2004, Director of Operations, 966th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
10. August 2004–February 2006, Commander, 965th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
11. February 2006–July 2007, Deputy Director, Secretary of the Air Force and Chief of Staff of the Air Force Executive Action Group, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
12. July 2007–June 2008, Student, National War College, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2008–May 2010, Chief, Command and Control Division, U.S. Central Command, MacDill AFB, Fla.
14. May 2010–May 2011, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Operations Group, Al Dhafra, United Arab Emirates
15. June 2011–June 2012, Deputy Director of Operations, Headquarters Air Combat Command, Joint Base Langley-Eustis, Va.
16. June 2012–June 2013, Commander, 552nd Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
17. June 2013–June 2015, Commander, 55th Wing, Offutt AFB, Neb.
18. June 2015–July 2016, Director of Strategic Plans, Requirements, and Programs, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, JB Pearl Harbor–Hickam, Hawaii
19. July 2016–March 2018, Chief of Staff, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, JB Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii
20. April 2018–May 2019, Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command; Deputy Combined Force Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia
21. June 2019–June 2020, Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
22. July 2020–present, Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command, Combined Force Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2008–May 2010, Chief, Command and Control Division, U.S. Central Command, MacDill Air Force Base, Fla., as a colonel
2. April 2018–May 2019, Deputy Commander, U.S. Air Forces Central Command; Deputy, Combined Force Air Component Commander, U.S. Central Command, Southwest Asia, as a brigadier general
3. June 2019–June 2020, Director of Operations, Headquarters U.S. Northern Command, Peterson AFB, Colo., as a major general
Rating: senior air battle manager
Flight hours: more than 1,380
Aircraft flown: E-3B/C/G, RC-135V/W/S, KC-10A, F-15D and U-2ST
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Distinguished Service Medal
Defense Superior Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Bronze Star Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Service Medal with silver and bronze oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTIONS
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1989
First Lieutenant May 31, 1991
Captain May 31, 1993
Major Sept. 1, 2000
Lieutenant Colonel April 1, 2004
Colonel Sept. 1, 2008
Brigadier General Aug. 14, 2014
Major General Aug. 2, 2018
Lieutenant General July 16, 2020
(Current as of July 2020)