Chief Master Sergeant Katherine A. Grabham is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for Ninth Air Force (United States Air Forces Central). As the command chief, she is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander on all matters affecting the readiness, training, professional development and effective utilization of all assigned and attached personnel. Additionally, she coordinates with the headquarters staff, commanders, and senior personnel on the development and implementation of command policy and direction. As the air component senior enlisted leader to both Ninth Air Force and United States Air Forces Central, the chief champions and directs enlisted efforts in direct support of for air operations (unilaterally or in concert with coalition partners) and the development of contingency plans in support of national objectives for USCENTCOM's 20-nation area of responsibility in Southwest Asia.
Chief Grabham is a native of Lake Arrowhead, California, and entered the Air Force in June 1994. She served as an F-15 fighter aircraft maintenance specialist and then retrained into Public Affairs in January, 1997. Her background includes various duties in public affairs at the wing and headquarters levels and as a member of the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds. She also served as a first sergeant for four years. Her assignments include bases in Japan, California, Nevada, Arkansas, Florida, Utah, and Washington, D.C. She has been involved in operations in support of SOUTHERN WATCH, ENDURING and IRAQI FREEDOM, NEW DAWN and INHERENT RESOLVE.
Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the Command Chief, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall Air Force Base, Florida.
2000 U.S. Air Force Airman Leadership School, Beale Air Force Base, Calif.
2007 U.S. Air Force NCO Academy, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2009 Associate Degree in Aircraft Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Associate Degree in Public Affairs, Community College of the Air Force
2011 U.S. Air Force SNCO Academy by correspondence
2011 Joint SNCO PME Course by correspondence
2011 U.S. Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
2012 Associate Degree in Human Resources, Community College of the Air Force
2013 2015 U.S. Air Force SNCO Academy in residence, Maxwell-Gunter Air Force Base, Ala.
2016 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2019 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Joint PME II by correspondence
2019 Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina
2022 Keystone, National Defense University, Washington DC
1. June 1994 – July 1994, student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1994 – November 1994, student, Aircraft Maintenance, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. December 1994 – December 1997, F-15C/D Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief, 67th Fighter Squadron, Kadena Air Base, Japan
4. January 1998 – September 2001, Public Affairs Specialist, 9th Reconnaissance Wing, Beale Air Force Base, CA
5. September 2001 – May 2002, Public Affairs Specialist & Enlisted Aide, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
6. June 2002 – March 2007, Chief of Media Relations, United States Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron (Thunderbirds), Nellis AFB, Nev.
7. March 2007 – June 2010, NCOIC, Public Affairs Current Operations, and Superintendent of Public Affairs, 19th Airlift Wing, Little Rock AFB, AR
8. June 2010 – September 2010, Manager of Public Affairs Current Operations, 1st Special Operations Wing, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
9. September 2010 – June 2011, First Sergeant, 1st Special Operations Comptroller Squadron and Wing Staff Agencies, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
10. June 2011 – September 2012, First Sergeant, 1st Special Operations Security Forces Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
11. September 2012 – February 2013, First Sergeant, 27th Expeditionary Special Operations Group, Camp Jefferson, Afghanistan
12. March 2013 – June 2013, First Sergeant, 1st Special Operations Maintenance Squadron (AFSOC), Eglin AFB, Fla.
13. June 2013 – December 2014, First Sergeant, 901st Special Operations Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
14. December 2014 – July 2016, Superintendent, 2d Audiovisual Squadron (formerly OL-H, Air Force Public Affairs Agency), Hill Air Force Base, Utah
15. July 2016 – June 2019, Special Advisor to the Chief Master Sgt. of the Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. July 2019 – June 2022, Command Chief, 325th Fighter Wing, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
17. June 2022 - Present, Command Chief, 9th Air Force (Air Force Central Command) Shaw Air Force Base, SC.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
1997 Assistant Dedicated Crew Chief of the Year, 67th Fighter Squadron
2000 Airman Leadership School Distinguished Graduate and Academic Achievement Award Winner
2009 Public Affairs NCO of the Year, Air Mobility Command
2009 Air Force Public Affairs NCO of the Year 2009 Air Force Public Affairs “Best of the Best”
2012 First Sergeant of the Year, 1st Special Operations Wing
2013 First Sergeant of the Year, 1st Special Operations Wing
2014 Air Force Special Operations Command 12 Outstanding Airman of the Year
2015 U.S. Air Force SNCO Academy Distinguished Graduate
2015 Air Force Public Affairs Agency Lance P. Sijan SNCO of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, October 2017
(Current as of June 2022)